Joint Congress of Asia Pacific Association of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (APAAACI) and Asia Pacific Association of Pediatric Allergy, Respirology & Immunology (APAPARI) 2016 will be held on 17th – 20th October 2016 at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur. The theme of the Congress is “The Era of Allergy: Local and Global Insights and Intervention” and with this theme in mind the Local Organising Committee (LOC) aims to create a platform for the exchange and progress of knowledge on allergy, asthma, and clinical immunology in this region. Hence, the Joint Congress of APAAACI and APAPARI 2016 Scientific Committee now wishes to invite abstracts for oral and poster presentations.
Please carefully read the Abstract Guideline below before submitting an abstract. Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through official Congress website. Abstract sent by post, fax or email WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
|Open for abstract submission||: 21st January 2016|
|Closing Date||: 15th June 2016|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||: 10th August 2016|
|Acceptance Notification||: 30th August 2016|
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in either thematic Poster Sessions or Oral Abstract Sessions presented on 17th – 20th October 2016.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation MUST be registered delegates and be responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the Conference.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable. All Presenting Authors will receive, closer to the Congress, detailed presentation guidelines when their abstract/s has/have been accepted.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author's email address immediately upon submission. Abstract accepted/rejection letter will be sent, latest by 20th July 2016 once the decision is made. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- The abstract must be written and presented in English.
- Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards.
- Case reports that include findings that are significant and have applied appropriate statistical and analytical methods will be considered.
- Previously published and presented abstracts can be submitted, but will not be published in the web pages of the Congress.
- A maximum of 2,500 characters (approximately 400 words) is allowed for the abstract text.
- The abstract title must be in sentence case with no full stop at the end and no underlining.
- Tables and graphs should not be included in the abstract.
- References (maximum of 2) can be included in the body of the text.
- The abstract title and the author(s) or names of institutions are not to be included in the abstract text.
- Standard abbreviations may be employed in the text. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full wording at the first time the full wording appears in the body of the text.
- Non-proprietary (generic) names of drugs, written in lower case, are required at the first mention of a drug.
- Trade names are not allowed.
In order to make the abstract as informative as possible, please provide:
- a brief statement of the purpose of the study
- the method used
- the result observed
- the conclusions based upon the results
It is inadequate to state "The results will be discussed" or "The data will be presented".
We kindly ask you to subtitle the paragraphs in bold format in the following order: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusions.
- Background: A statement of purpose of the study (preferably one sentence).
- Methods: A brief statement of the methods used. For abstracts reporting clinical research, a sentence or phrase presenting the most important selection criteria for subjects should be included.
- Results: A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail with statistical analysis to support the conclusions.
- Conclusions: A statement of the conclusions reached. It is not satisfactory to state, "the results will be discussed," or "other data will be presented," etc.
Affiliations should include department, institute, town and country. Where there are multiple affiliations, each should be listed as a separate paragraph. Each institute should appear in the order used against the author names and show the appropriate superscript number, e.g.:
1 Department, University, Town, State, Zip code, Malaysia
2 University, Town, State, Postcode, Malaysia
3 Company, Town, State, Malaysia, Postcode
** Please note! If affiliations are not listed as above you will not be published! **
Should your abstract contain identifiable information about a patient, we ask all consent is received before submitting your abstract. Please check the box if you have received consent to publish or if you do not need consent to publish.
Changes to abstracts are accepted only until the submission deadline by using the abstract submission website. After 15th June 2016, no changes or revisions will be allowed.
Notification of acceptance/rejection will be emailed by 20th July 2016. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
Accepted Abstract Authors will have their abstract published online at the official Congress website
Joint Congress of APAAACI and APAPARI cannot guarantee that Presenting Authors who do not show up during the session will be accepted for abstract presentations at future meetings.
The Presenting Author must register for the Congress as delegate and pay the fee before 31st August 2016. Abstracts will be automatically withdrawn if the Presenting Author is not registered.
The Presenting Author of an accepted abstract is allowed to register with Early Bird Fee until 31st August 2016.
Presenting Authors are responsible for arranging and paying for their own registration, travel and hotel arrangement. Affordable accommodation options are available at www.apaaaci-kl2016.org/accommodation.html